(Adds Daewoo comments, shares of listed unit) SEOUL, Aug 28 (Reuters) - South Korea's third largest automaker Daewoo Motor Co said on Wednesday it had halted automobile production after running out of parts following a boycott by its main supplier over back payments. "Our largest parts supplier, Delphi Automotive Systems Korea, halted supply today," Daewoo Motor spokesman Kang Sung-ki told Reuters. "We had a limited inventory of components," he said. "Our chairman is continuing talks ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Daewoo Motor halts production on supplier boycott" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.