(Adds background, details) DETROIT, Feb 27 (Reuters) - The board of DaimlerChrysler AG on Tuesday said it approved an alliance between its Chrysler Group unit and China's Chery Automobile Co. aimed at the growing market for smaller cars. Under the deal, which would not include an equity investment, Chery would build vehicles under Chrysler's brand names for sale in the United States and Europe, DaimlerChrysler said in a statement. Chrysler reached its deal with Chery at the end of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Daimler approves small car deal with China's Chery" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.