(Adds details and background throughout, market reaction) STUTTGART, Germany, July 27 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler's second-quarter operating profit rose 11 percent to 1.86 billion euros ($2.37 billion), beating market expectations, as a rebound at flagship Mercedes Car Group offset slumping earnings at U.S. arm Chrysler. The world's fifth-biggest carmaker reiterated on Thursday that group operating profit would exceed 6 billion euros in 2006, up from just under 5.2 billion in 2005, even ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Daimler boosts Q2 profit despite Chrysler slump" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.