(Adds details, quote, shares) FRANKFURT, Sept 25 (Reuters) - German automaker DaimlerChrysler said on Thursday it was investing about $600 million in expanding its Mercedes plant in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. As a result, the workforce would be doubled to about 4,000 employees and annual production capacity at the 10-year old factory also will be doubled to about 160,000 vehicles, the company said in a statement. The plant, which currently builds the M-Class sports utility vehicle, will in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Daimler invests $600 mln in U.S. Mercedes plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642