* S-Class model family to be expanded instead * S-Class volumes may even double to 80,000 annually * Maybach sales of 200 cars per year far below targets (Adds details, background) FRANKFURT, Nov 25 (Reuters) - Daimler will axe its Maybach superluxury brand after years of losses and moribund sales, replacing the car with more expensive models of its Mercedes-Benz S-Class flagship saloon starting in 2013. "We held extensive discussions internally about which way would promise the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Daimler pulls plug on loss-making Maybach -paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.