(Adds details, background, updates share price) By Michael Shields FRANKFURT, April 29 (Reuters) - Daimler AG's first-quarter earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT) fell a worse-than-expected 40 percent to 1.976 billion euros ($3.08 billion) as one-off charges weighed, the German carmaker said. It also inserted a line in its 2008 outlook to make clear on Tuesday its forecast for higher operating profit excluded lingering expenses for Chrysler, the ailing U.S. automaker in which it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Daimler Q1 profits miss expectations, charges weigh" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.