(Adds detail) FRANKFURT, Feb 27 (Reuters) - German car and heavy truck manufacturer Daimler AG plans to significantly increase spending through the end of the decade to expand its model range and reduce tailpipe emissions, it said on Wednesday. Freed from the fetters of its costly Chrysler endeavour, Daimler is looking to expand its truck, van and bus operations but mainly aims to focus its attention back squarely on its flagship luxury car brand, Mercedes-Benz. Total capital ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Daimler ramps up R&D, capex spending through 2010" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.