(adds background, detail, share) PIRAEUS, Greece, June 28 (Reuters) - German-U.S. car maker DaimlerChrysler aims to sell a total of 230,000 new A-class compact cars by the end of next year, the company said on Monday during the model's official unveiling in Greece. The company expects 50,000 units to be sold this year, and another 180,000 in 2005 -- its first full year of production. "180,000 is a reasonable number," Mercedes sales boss Joachim Schmidt said during the presentation of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Daimler sees A-class sales at 230,000 by end '05" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642