* Daimler starts making cars at own facility in India * Production kicks off on single shift, could increase later (Adds detail, byline) By Janaki Krishnan PUNE, India, Feb 24 (Reuters) - Daimler AG will start producing Mercedes-Benz cars in India at its own facility on a single shift, the chief executive of its Indian unit said on Tuesday. "We will gradually increase it to three shifts depending upon the demand in the market," Wilfried Aulbur told reporters before inaugurating the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Daimler starts India car production on single shift" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.