(Changes dateline, adds response from Chinese company) SINGAPORE/SHANGHAI, Aug 29 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler and BMW are threatening legal action over Chinese-made vehicles that they claim are copies of their own models, the Financial Times reported on Wednesday. DaimlerChrysler said it would consider unspecified legal action if tiny Chinese carmaker Shuanghuan Automobile showed the Noble, which it says closely resembles DaimlerChrysler's Smart Fortwo minicar, at next month's Frankfurt ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-DaimlerChrysler, BMW may act over Chinese cars-FT" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.