(Adds comments from Canadian industry minister) By Scott Anderson TORONTO, Jan 30 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler will look outside Ontario to build a state-of-the-art auto plant if it can't be sure a Canadian plant will pay, the head of the firm's Chrysler division said on Thursday. Dieter Zetsche, president and chief executive of the Chrysler Group, declined to confirm Canadian newspaper reports that he was seeking C$300 million ($200 million) in federal and provincial funds before he ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-DaimlerChrysler cautious on Ontario for new plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.