(Adds details, background) FRANKFURT, Jan 24 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler stock firmed on Tuesday on expectations that the world's fifth-biggest carmaker will announce more job cuts, especially at headquarters near Stuttgart, to hone its competitive edge. "I don't think we should be astonished to see this happen," said Sal. Oppenheim analyst Michael Raab, noting new Chief Executive Dieter Zetsche had indicated in recent newspaper interviews that he saw headquarters as top-heavy. Media ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-DaimlerChrysler gains on talk of more job cuts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642