(Adds company comment, stock price, background) DETROIT, Dec 26 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler AG has hired former FBI Director Louis Freeh to serve as an independent monitor as it concludes a two-year internal investigation into cases of suspected bribery by company representatives, the automaker said on Tuesday. The hiring of Freeh was first reported by the Detroit News, which said that by bringing on an independent watchdog in Freeh, DaimlerChrysler hoped to minimize any sanctions it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-DaimlerChrysler hires ex-FBI head Freeh amid probe" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.