(Adds byline, background, Clement quote, new dateline) By Alexander Huebner STUTTGART, Germany, Aug 22 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler AG confirmed on Friday that it was talking to five investors about the sale of its aero-engine business MTU, a defence supplier the government wants to stay in German hands. Company sources said on Friday that DaimlerChrysler expected to raise 1.5 billion euros ($1.6 billion) from the sale. "We are in talks with five partners, but the talks are still at ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-DaimlerChrysler says has five bidders for MTU" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.