(Adds details, background, shares) FRANKFURT, Nov 21 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrylser said on Friday it had sold its MTU aero engine business to U.S. private equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co in the carmaker's latest step to shed non-core assets. The company gave no price for the sale, but sources close to the deal have said that Daimler would sell the unit to KKR for 1.45 billion euros ($1.7 billion). The deal, reported by Reuters earlier this week, brings to an end a months-long ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-DaimlerChrysler says sells MTU unit to KKR" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.