(Adds background, CFO quote) STUTTGART, Germany, March 21 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler expects its ailing Smart small-car brand to break even next year, according to the car maker's finance chief. "We will reach the breakeven mark at Smart in 2007," Daimler Chief Financial Officer Bodo Uebber told journalists late on Monday in remarks embargoed for release on Tuesday. Smart has not made a profit since the brand made its debut in October 1998 with the quirky two-seat model that remains ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-DaimlerChrysler sees Smart breakeven in 2007" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642