(Adds quotes from statement, background on case, share price) By Mark Thompson FRANKFURT, Aug 22 (Reuters) - German automaker DaimlerChrysler AG said on Friday it had agreed a $300 million settlement of a U.S. class action lawsuit relating to Daimler-Benz's 1998 takeover of Chrysler. "Although DaimlerChrysler believes that the class action is completely without merit, the company has agreed to a settlement, since a local jury could have reached a different conclusion," the company said ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-DaimlerChrysler settles merger suit for $300 mln" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.