(Adds Smart comment, paragraph 5) FRANKFURT, Nov 21 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler's Smart small car business is in advanced talks with six European companies interested in reviving Smart's cancelled roadster model, the Financial Times newspaper said on Monday. Smart pulled the plug in April on the two-seat roadster and cancelled a planned offroad model as part of its campaign to halt losses and break even by 2007. Finding a partner for the roadster could generate some income for the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Daimler's Smart in talks to revive roadster - FT" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.