(Recasts paragraph 1. adds rise in child deaths, 8) DETROIT, April 23 (Reuters) - Deaths from U.S. road accidents rose to the highest level in more than a decade last year as alcohol abuse and widespread failure to use seat belts contributed to some 42,850 fatalities, federal safety regulators said on Wednesday. Nearly a quarter of the deaths, or 10,626, occurred in rollover crashes involving highly popular sport utility vehicles and pickup trucks, the National Highway Traffic Safety ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Deaths on U.S. roads highest in over a decade" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.