(Adds retail gasoline price tops $2 a gallon) By Tom Doggett WASHINGTON, May 17 (Reuters) - Democrats plan to put more pressure on the Bush administration this week to lower U.S. gasoline prices by demanding that up to 60 million barrels of crude oil be released from the nation's emergency stockpile, a Democratic legislative aide said on Monday. The White House has been criticized for taking crude oil off the market to fill the Strategic Petroleum Reserve while pump costs skyrocket. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Democrats to ask Bush to use emergency oil" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642