* Distracted driving cited in 16 pct of all road deaths * Data on cellphones, text messaging limited * Insurance claims for all crashes down (Recasts; adds LaHood, safety group comments) By John Crawley WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood Wednesday called distracted driving a serious epidemic with more than 5,800 annual U.S. traffic deaths tied to motorists who failed to keep their eyes on the road. LaHood opened a two-day conference exploring research on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Distracted driving blamed for 5,800 US deaths" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.