* 36 people charged, including 10 doctors, 3 lawyers * Auto insurers said to be defrauded out of $275 mln * Scheme said to take advantage of NY no-fault law (Adds details from indictment, background) Feb 29 (Reuters) - Federal authorities unveiled charges on Wednesday against three dozen people suspected of involvement in a scheme to defraud automobile insurers that provide healthcare benefits to accident victims out of more than $275 million. The charges include conspiracies to commit ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Dozens charged in U.S. auto insurance fraud" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.