(Recasts, adds Dubai company confirmation) COLOMBO/DUBAI, July 28 (Reuters) - Dubai family-owned Al-Futtaim Group has bought a majority stake in Sri Lankan automotive firm Associated Motorways for 300 million dirhams ($81.70 million) to tap economic growth in the country. Shares of Associated Motorways (AMW), Sri Lanka's only agent for Nissan vehicles and Yamaha motorcycles, closed 2.65 percent up. "Al-Futtaim ... announced a deal worth in excess of 300 million dirhams to acquire a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Dubai firm takes over Sri Lanka's Assoc Motorways" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.