(Adds comments, closing share price) BOMBAY, May 25 (Reuters) - Indian commercial vehicle maker Eicher Motors Ltd. said on Wednesday it had sold its tractor and engine businesses to Tractors and Farm Equipment Ltd. (TAFE) for 3.1 billion rupees ($71 million). The board of Eicher, which makes light commercial vehicles, motorbikes and auto components, also approved the acquisition of a U.S. engineering firm for $2.5 million. Following the news, Eicher's shares leapt 14.4 percent to a new ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Eicher sells tractor, engine units for $71 mln" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.