(Adds background, details) BERLIN, May 30 (Reuters) - Workers in the steel and engineering sectors in eastern Germany prepared to go on strike next week to demand a cut in working hours to match standards in west Germany, the IG Metall union said on Friday. Engineering workers in the eastern state of Saxony joined colleagues in the steel industry in voting for a strike after talks with employers on harmonising working hours broke down. The dispute comes as unions step up pressure on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Engineering workers in east Germany vote to strike" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642