(Adds details, background) BRUSSELS, Feb 28 (Reuters) - The European Commission is satisfied with guarantees set out by France that a state loan plan to its carmakers did not amount to protectionism, the EU executive said on Saturday. "I am satisfied with the guarantees set out by the French authorities on the absence of protectionist elements in the plan for aid to the automotive sector," EU Competition Commissioner Neelie Kroes said in a statement. France proposed a 6 billion euros ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-EU accepts French assurances on car aid" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642