(Updates with agreement on fines, phase-in, industry comment) By Paul Taylor BRUSSELS, Dec 19 (Reuters) - The European Commission agreed on proposed legislation on Wednesday to force down emissions of carbon dioxide (CO2) from cars with steeply rising fines on manufacturers that fail to comply, an EU source said. The European Union executive set a four-year phase-in period for fines on manufacturers whose fleets exceed an average of 120 grams per km of the main greenhouse gas blamed ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-EU agrees steep fines to cut car CO2 from 2012" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642