(Recasts, adds details) By Robin Pomeroy BRUSSELS, Aug 26 (Reuters) - Germany will charge trucks a toll to use its motorways from November, following an agreement with the European Commission that Germany will drop a related system to compensate German truckers pending EC approval. European Transport Commissioner Loyola de Palacio said on Tuesday she would not stop Germany launching its toll system following an undertaking by German Transport Minister Manfred Stolpe not to compensate ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-EU and Germany agree road tolls to start November" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.