(Adds news conference details) BRUSSELS, Oct 29 (Reuters) - The European Commission on Wednesday backed a call by Europe's carmakers for 40 billion euros ($50.98 billion) in soft loans to help develop cars which meet toughening European Union CO2 emissions targets. "Loan subsidies could be provided via the European Investment Bank," EU Industry Commissioner Guenter Verheugen said after meeting auto industry chief executives including Daimler and PSA Peugeot Citroen . Verheugen said it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-EU backs car industry call for soft loans for R&D" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.