* Committee approves emissions cut of around 14 pct by 2016 * 2020 target softened to 140 grams/km from 135, fines eased (Adds comments in pargraphs 4, 5, 9, 10) By Pete Harrison BRUSSELS, Sept 28 (Reuters) - Europe's efforts to wean itself off costly oil imports suffered a setback on Tuesday when a European Parliament panel threw out plans for speed limiters on vans and light trucks. Parliament sought to reduce costs for automakers, which suffered a 13 percent hit to sales in 2009 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-EU clampdown on gas-guzzling vans suffers setback" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.