(Adds VW comment, share price) LUXEMBOURG, Sept 30 (Reuters) - The European Union's top court on Tuesday upheld a ban on German government subsidies to auto giant Volkswagen AG to build car plants in east Germany in the 1990s. The European Commission's competition watchdog in 1996 blocked 240 million Deutschmarks of state subsidies. The EU's Court of First Instance supported the decision in 1999, saying that Europe was building too many cars already. The lower court added that Germany ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-EU court upholds bar on VW aid in eastern Germany" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.