(recasts, adds quotes, background) BRUSSELS, Jan 29 (Reuters) - The European Commission rejected on Monday a warning from Germany's powerful automobile industry that imposing binding curbs on car exhaust emissions could destroy jobs in Europe. But in a sign of continuing fierce wrangling between the environmental and industry lobbies, a spokesman for the European Union executive declined to give any new date for proposing legislation to limit carbon dioxide emissions from cars after it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-EU rebuffs German car industry on emissions" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.