(Adds details, background) BRUSSELS, June 28 (Reuters) - German sports car maker Porsche has withdrawn its application for permission from the European Commission to take over car manufacturer Volkswagen , the EU executive said on Thursday. In early June Porsche failed to win significant investor support for its lowball, mandatory takeover bid for its German ally -- and that was how Porsche wanted it. Porsche said at the time that it had won less than 1 percent of the stock, leaving it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-EU says Porsche application to buy VW withdrawn" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642