* More difficult for makers to mandate where cars are fixed * Easier for repairers to use alternative spare parts * Rules for carmakers valid June 1, 2013 * Rules for car repair sector in force on June 1, 2010 (Adds lawyers, industry body comments, details) By Foo Yun Chee BRUSSELS, May 27 (Reuters) - Carmakers will find it more difficult to insist on where cars are repaired and which spare parts are used under new rules unveiled by European Union regulators on Thursday. Under ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-EU tightens antitrust rules for carmakers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.