* Commission says red line needed against protectionism * Carmakers have main responsibility for dealing with crisis * State aid should be temporary, targeted * Six EU countries have submitted car aid plans (Recasts with Verheugen, Kroes, ACEA comments) By Foo Yun Chee BRUSSELS, Feb 25 (Reuters) - The European Commission warned again against protectionism on Wednesday as six EU countries awaited approval for schemes to support their ailing car industries. Governments from the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-EU warns on protectionism in car aid plans" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.