(Adds comment from Arcelor, Fiat, Ford, Volvo) By Michael Shields, European Auto Correspondent FRANKFURT, Nov 25 (Reuters) - European carmakers' steel supplies are secure, manufacturers said on Thursday, playing down prospects that shortages could hit output as they have at Japan's Nissan Motor Co Ltd . But even if enough steel is on hand, high prices still pose a danger for carmakers who are hardly placed to pass on increased costs to choosy customers in a sluggish market kept under ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-European carmakers say steel supplies not at risk" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.