(Releads, adds analyst, share, changes dateline previous Frankfurt) By Jan Christoph Schwartz HAMBURG, Germany, Aug 20 (Reuters) - Labour market experts warned Volkswagen AG on Friday not to bow to union demands to guarantee the 103,000 jobs in its western German plants for the next 10 years. Promising to maintain jobs in return for curbs on pay was in principle a good thing, but a decade-long employment vow would be "completely absurd", Joachim Scheide, head of the economics section ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Experts warn VW must not bow to German union demands" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.