(Adds details on plant idling) Jan 23 (Reuters) - The following are major elements of Ford Motor Co.'s widely anticipated restructuring plan, dubbed the "Way Forward," announced on Monday: -- Ford plans to cut 25,000 to 30,000 jobs through 2012. That is in addition to previously announced plans to shed 4,000 salaried positions and reduce its ranks of corporate officers by 12 percent by the end of the first quarter. The company currently employs about 87,877 hourly workers and 35,000 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-FACTBOX-Key elements of Ford's restructuring plan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.