(Updates with FDIC action; adds Bair quote, Dugan, background) By John Poirier WASHINGTON, Jan 31 (Reuters) - The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation voted on Wednesday to extend for one year a moratorium on bank applications by commercial companies, such as Wal-Mart Stores Inc. and Home Depot Inc. . The action would give Congress more time to debate legislation that would ban retailers and commercial companies from owning a specialty bank known as an industrial loan company (ILC). ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-FDIC extends freeze on retailers' banks for 1 year" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642