(Adds Cassino layoffs) TURIN, Jan 21 (Reuters) - Italian industrial group Fiat announced new rounds of temporary layoffs at two car plants on Friday, the latest in a series of cuts to get output back in line with demand. A Fiat source said the Termini Imerese plant in Sicily, which makes the best-seller Punto, would shut from Feb. 21 to March 6. Its 1,400 workers were already due to down tools from Jan. 24 to Feb. 6. The Cassino plant near Naples, which makes the mid-sized Stilo and is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Fiat announces new layoff weeks" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642