(Adds quotes, details, background) By Gilles Castonguay MILAN, June 20 (Reuters) - Italian car maker Fiat has apologised to China over a television commercial featuring Hollywood actor Richard Gere and a reference to Tibet. China is a huge market for car makers which, like other multinational companies, go out of their way to avoid upsetting the country's sensibilities about certain issues out of fear of reprisals such as a boycott of their products. Tibet has become a focal point ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Fiat apologises to China for TV ad for new car" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.