(Adds investment details, meeting with president, quote) BUENOS AIRES, March 18 (Reuters) - Fiat Argentina, the local representative of the Italian automaker, said on Tuesday it planned to invest $300 million in the South American country. Nearly $200 million of the investment will go into producing gear boxes with the remainder to be used for auto production, a company official told Reuters. The deal was announced after Argentine President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner met with the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Fiat Argentina plans $300 million local investment" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.