(Updates with layoffs delay, talks) By Tonia Mastrobuoni ROME, Nov 25 (Reuters) - Plans by loss-making automaker Fiat to lay off thousands of workers in a do-or-die restructuring plan were delayed by 10 days on Monday to give all sides time to find a solution to the crisis. The delay was agreed at a meeting between the carmaker, the government and unions that also decided to start nonstop talks on Wednesday. The layoff procedures for some 8,000 workers, which were to have begun on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Fiat delays layoffs plans, new talks scheduled" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642