(Adds details, more quotes) TURIN, Italy, May 29 (Reuters) - Italian carmaker Fiat will not buy a stake in Mazda Motor, and will move forward soon with plans to up its stake in U.S. automaker Chrysler to over 60 percent. "We have no plan to buy a stake in Mazda," Fiat Chairman John Elkann said on the sidelines of the annual shareholder meeting of Exor, the Agnelli family's investment company through which it controls Fiat and Chrysler. Alliances allow carmakers to share the costs of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Fiat has no plans for stake in Mazda" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.