By Rick Popely BELVIDERE, Illinois, May 24 (Reuters) - There is a "better than 50 percent chance" that Italian automaker Fiat SpA will increase its stake in Chrysler Group LLC in July, Chief Executive Sergio Marchionne said on Thursday. Fiat has an option to buy a roughly 3 percent stake in Chrysler from the retiree healthcare trust affiliated with the United Auto Workers union beginning in July. The trust, known as the VEBA, "is not a natural shareholder" and will want to sell its stake, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Fiat likely to buy small Chrysler stake from VEBA" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.