(adds details, background) MILAN, April 30 (Reuters) - Fiat said a stoppage of car production in Italy was largely over after all but one of its car plants around the country resumed normal production on Friday although some workers remained on strike. Some staff at the southern Melfi plant were on strike for a 12th day but their decision to lift a blockage of the factory on Thursday had freed up components for shipment to other Fiat production lines in Italy, a Fiat spokesman said. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Fiat plants, except Melfi, back to normal-Fiat" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.