(Adds background) MILAN, June 25 (Reuters) - Italian carmaker Fiat said on Friday it would redeem ahead of schedule almost $1.69 billion worth of outstanding bonds exchangeable into shares in the U.S. automaker General Motors . Fiat said it would make the payment in cash on July 9, using available liquidity, after almost all bondholders requested early redemption. In April, Fiat bought back and canceled $540 million worth of the bonds coming due in January, 2007. Fiat sold the $2.2 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Fiat to redeem early $1.69bln GM-exchangeable bond" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642