(Adds financial source saying Merrill Lynch is the buyer of stake, details, background) By Jane Barrett MILAN, Dec 20 (Reuters) - Fiat said on Friday it had sold its almost 6 percent stake in partner General Motors Corp. for about $1.16 billion in a move that will help it meet strict debt-slashing targets agreed with its creditor banks. Fiat said it had sold the stake to an unidentified investment bank. A financial source said the buyer was Merrill Lynch , which is also advising the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Fiat set to meet debt goal with sale of GM stake" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.