(Updates with Fiat statement, paragraphs 6-7) MILAN, July 28 (Reuters) - Trade unions were at loggerheads on Monday over a court ruling that ordered struggling industrial group Fiat to rehire hundreds of workers laid off as part of a do-or-die restructuring plan. At the weekend, a Milan court ruled that Fiat should reopen its Arese plant north of the city and re-employ about 1,000 workers because unions had not been told in time about plans to close the factory, breaking a Fiat-union ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Fiat unions clash over order to rehire layoffs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.