(Adds confirmation, background) TURIN, Jan 24 (Reuters) - Giovanni Agnelli, one of Italy's most powerful businessmen who turned the family car company Fiat into a global industrial powerhouse but recently saw it slump into crisis, has died aged 81, his family said on Friday. Agnelli, who held the post of Fiat honorary chairman and was widely known as Gianni, had been suffering ill health and last year went to the United States for treatment for prostate cancer. "Giovanni Agnelli died ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Fiat's Gianni Agnelli dead" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.